Follow Angela Marvel | Fine Art at:


facebookfacebookfacebookfacebook


Thursday, September 1, 2016

Alice

Alice
"Every adventure requires a first step". - The Cheshire Cat


Last September I set out to grow in my photography journey. I wanted to create photographs that were more art pieces and dive into fine art with my creative ideas. This was the first photo I created with that mindset. And I am very happy to announce that almost a year later it will be hanging at the Washington State Fair as the winner of the Fair Medal of Originality in Large Color in the Northwest International Exhibition of Photography! I could not be more excited that they chose this photograph as a winner since it really brings me full circle from where I was a year ago at this time.  

This photo was born out of an idea when I acquired the umbrella from my Great-Aunt Alice when she had to move and give away many of her belongings. I ended up with this umbrella and as soon as it was in my hand, I KNEW I would use it for an Alice in Wonderland themed self portrait. It didn't take long for me to sketch out that idea and come up with what you see above.

The below video gives some tidbits of what I was thinking right after I shot this photo back in September 2015. It gives some behind the scenes stuff and why I choose what I did.

While doing this self portrait I was live on Periscope for the first time. Unfortunately the video of me shooting is corrupted and after several attempts to get it to work, I'm pretty sure its gone, but a few of you got to watch it live :) However I do still have the follow up Periscope and that is here:

(or you can see it on you tube at this LINK)




Go and see this portrait at the Washington State Fair from September 2-25!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP