Follow Angela Marvel | Fine Art at:


facebookfacebookfacebookfacebook


Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Net of Wonder

Net of Wonder

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever" - Jacques Cousteau

I am very excited to share that this image won Best of Portraits in the Northwest International Photographer Exhibition at the Washington State Fair in the Large Color Division!!!

This is one of those times where I had the above quote first and then created the image. Alex got a Jacques Cousteau book from the library at his school back in May. While reading it to him one night I came across the above quote. Right then I knew I wanted a woman floating in water caught in a net. My mind went wild with ideas and the below image is the final result.



I used Photoshop to create this image and to get it to look just right, but it still started with me having to pose myself with the net. Here you can see my set up for this shot, just a blue background hung on my garage door...



Go see it at the Washington State Fair from September 2-25!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP