Follow Angela Marvel | Fine Art at:


facebookfacebookfacebookfacebook


Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Drowning in Fire

Drowning in Fire
"How can we extinguish a fire if we don't first cut off the fuel that ignites the inferno?" - Arun Manilal Gandhi

I get my inspiration from many different places. Many of my images have come from my feelings, a prop I really wanted to use,  a location that looked really fun or cool, or a theme prompt. This photo started when I found this globe at an antique store a few weeks ago, but I had no idea what I wanted to do with it. I have a method of sparking some creativity by using a random generator to spit back to me my own ideas to see things in a different way. And that's how this image came about. It spit back to me three words: Globe, water, fire. That was all I needed. It sparked my imagination on what to do with this globe.

I loved the idea that the fire was not getting extinguished by being underwater. That the underlying cause of the fire would need to be extinguished.

This is one of those pieces that I love to create as an artist. Because I love that surrealism allows me to create something that a viewer can come to their own thoughts and conclusions on what a piece means to you.

Maybe you see it as the woman is drowning, or that the world is drowning, or that the world is on fire, or that the woman is saving the world. Anyway you see it is correct and that's what I love about creating art :-)

Enjoy!



0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP