Follow Angela Marvel | Fine Art at:


facebookfacebookfacebookfacebook


Thursday, August 2, 2018

Weight of the World

Weight of the World
"It's about the journey, not the destination"

Sometimes when I go out to a location to shoot a specific photo or series I will take additional shots that were not planned in hopes to get additional artwork. Sometimes when I go out to a location I can't even shoot the main image I wanted to, so I have to come up with something that was not planned.  The first type of scenario would be my image Burnt where I had a few extra minutes and did some extra shots of myself with the burnt trees. The second type would be this image below. No planning, no thought behind it, just an image that was done on the spot.

I had planned to photograph myself with the globe out on a field (which I still hope to do in the next few weeks), but things changed that day and I couldn't use the field as I thought I could. After driving 30 minutes to the location, I didn't want everything to be a waste, so I looked around to see if there was anything that could be interesting enough to use as a background. I had the globe, a barn and about 5 feet x 5 feet of space I could use and about 10 minutes to shoot something. Anything.

Most of the images I create are thought-out with sketches and/or a mini story behind them. It's not often that I shoot without much thought or on the fly. So its fun to challenge myself and take a photo that took less than 5 minutes to set up and was very quick to edit. I find these images help round out my work just as much as my thought-provoking planned images do. I've been trying to shoot more of these to branch out my creativity on the spot and plan to try to do this at least once a month. Here is the image for this month:


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP