Follow Angela Marvel | Fine Art at:


facebookfacebookfacebookfacebook


Friday, January 24, 2020

Happy (40th!) Birthday to Me!

Happy (40th!) Birthday to Me!
"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." - Oprah Winfrey

Can you guess this weeks theme? I may have just a little of it ;)

The theme this week was IRIDESCENCE. Showing luminous colors that seem to change when seen from different angles.

At first I had no idea what I wanted to do for this week. I thought I might use some iridescent cellophane and wrap myself in it. (Still not a bad idea if I want to do it again to have it be more "fine art" and I might do that if I get some time this weekend to shoot). So I went to the dollar store to search for anything that was iridescent. I found the little box right away. I thought ok, I can always use a box in some sort of way. Then I found the little cellophane iridescent confetti. I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do.

So I went to Target. At Target I found the jacket, but it was a little more than I wanted to spend. But after walking around the store I could not get the jacket out of my mind, it was just too perfect. Then I went to the party aisle where I found the most inspiring item of all.....the Happy Birthday headband. Then BAM I knew what I should do. The idea as you see it popped into my head. I should do a birthday iridescent explosion. I could be coming out of the iridescent box that was filled with iridescent confetti, while wearing an iridescent jacket and iridescent headband. So I went back and grabbed the jacket. Last stop was Hobby Lobby for the original item I went for...the iridescent cellophane!

I turned 40 three weeks ago and was on vacation and got a few great shots that week, but nothing that was creatively special. I had hoped to come home that week and create some sort of fun birthday photo, but life got busy and I did other things. So I am very excited to have the inspiration to create this image :)



0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP