Follow Angela Marvel | Fine Art at:


facebookfacebookfacebookfacebook


Thursday, April 2, 2020

Do Not Touch

"Do Not Touch"
"Being brave isn't the absence of fear. Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it." - Bear Grylls

Theme: Fear

**I already have a fear series started. It's an idea I have been working on since September 2018. So I was excited for this week's theme. However, originally I had a more light heartened idea, but I needed to be at my parent's house to the photo. Which of course isn't possible right now. But, it gave me a chance to explore more with the quarantine/covid/social distancing theme I have been working with lately while we are in the thick of this new life. **

Haphephobia is the fear of touch. While I do not have this phobia, touch is not my favorite thing. It's my last love language. I don't like when people are in "my space" or touch me out of nowhere.
That still hasn't prepared me for where we are right now in regards to touch. Right now touch can hurt us. A simple hug from a friend, handshake from a co-worker or a high five from student can be dangerous.  The best thing is to avoid touch. It's made many of us have a temporary fear of touch. 

Even as someone who doesn't care for touch, I have found myself missing it and needing more of it. Something I do not even like. It's weird how when something is taken away how you need it even more. I cannot wait to hug people again. Give high fives again. To not be fearful of someone touching me.




0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP