Follow Angela Marvel | Fine Art at:


facebookfacebookfacebookfacebook


Friday, June 12, 2020

Nurture

Nurture
"We cannot be a source for strength unless we nurture our own strength" - M. Scott Peck

Theme: Nurture

I am really loving doing this weekly project where I am given word prompts each week. Word prompts are not a usual way I create work. Sure I have used a random word to inspire a piece, I have using a random word generator as one of my ways to stay creative. But nothing like what I have done this year.  I usually get my inspiration from props themselves or randomness. That randomness I hope to share sometime later this year. I call it randomness right now, because I don't want to fully reveal it yet. I have a plan for an entire YouTube series showing how I usually create and get my ideas. Probably something I should have done during quarantine, but things are tougher with the kids home and teaching them ;)

Anyway, I love when one word can spur an entire image and also a feeling. I feel like this is very important right now. Many of us are doing different things. We are taking care of others, kids are home from school, or we are out of our routines. We need to remember to take time for ourselves. We need to nurture ourselves with a little TLC.

Plus, this was a fun one to create. I always love the challenge of having more than one me in the piece.  I am sure my son loved it too. He was the one who got to pour the water on me while I was playing the left Angela. :)

Enjoy!


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP