Follow Angela Marvel | Fine Art at:


facebookfacebookfacebookfacebook


Monday, August 15, 2016

Peacock Beauty

Peacook Beauty
"Like a peacock, your beauty is multiplied when you spread your wings and show the world your stuff."



This week I share with you an idea born from a prop. Some weeks my photos will be inspired by a quote, piece of clothing, a holiday or special event, a feeling I want to covey, or like today a prop I want to use.

This idea started around Halloween when I found the mask at the Goodwill for $1. I am probably more inspired by props and clothing then anything else. Using the mask as a guide, I came up with an idea about becoming a peacock. I knew I had a blue dress and already had a photo of a full peacock spreading his feathers. So I came home and immediately drew a sketch of an idea.

To complete the portrait I needed to go somewhere where I could get a nice dirt foreground. Check out this video of me shooting this very portrait back on October 27, 2015. Note: This is the type of stuff I use Periscope for. Follow me as I will be using periscope more and more as I get into this year. Username @angelamarvel

And the best part of this video is how much I didn't end up using in the final image. Really shows you how much goes into the shooting part when I am not 100% certain what I want to do.
On Location Video:

Here is a bonus video about how I choose what images to use in this creation:

Another bonus with this photo is my Editing Slideshow. Shows the editing steps I took to create the image. (and this slideshow has been edited since I first published this blog), but as you can see, I edited it even further to end up with the final image. This was an image that never sat well with me and I continued to work on.



Leave me a comment if you like this photo! And follow me on facebook and flickr! Enjoy your week!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP