Follow Angela Marvel | Fine Art at:


facebookfacebookfacebookfacebook


Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Attributes

Attributes
Self love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself “

Theme: Self-Love

For my self love photo I wanted to highlight my positive attributes and personality traits, things that are to be celebrated about myself. So many times we focus on our faults or shortcomings. When I heard the theme I knew I wanted to do a piece about all the things that make me who I am. So I wrote many things down immediately in list form (which FYI loving lists is on a post-it note just under my right arm). However, I will be honest (also on a post-it note) that this was quite a process. I wanted to look up traits and see if maybe I wasn't thinking of everything I am. I knew I was loyal and dependable, but what else was I? As I googled lists of traits, I found myself not finding any that really pertained to me, there was a moment where I felt a little down. Wishing I was more charismatic, witty, or brave. I'm not the life of the party or a type A over achiever. Everything I was googling seemed to really focus on outgoing or strong types. And worse yet I have some bad traits that seemed to come up on a lot of negative lists. (I'm indecisive, loud, and jealous to name a few).  But then I found some more traits that fit and once things got started I was able to roll with it much easier. I also started to also write down my accomplishments and things I do for others. I then included things that weren't current. I realized that many things I accomplished before having children still made me who I am today. So I went back through my entire life and filled out post-its for things I accomplished or did before 18. The board then came fully together and is a great visual of all the things I am and have accomplished.

A few notes:
* I have more things listed behind me, that don't show in the photo. Looking back I wish I had left a "hole" where I would be standing so more of the notes would have shown.

* A version of this is in my idea book. I've had the idea to write various things on post-it notes for about 3 years. Although I think the first version was to basically show how many things I do at any one time. All my roles in life and the notes were going to cover me. It was more about being bogged down. One version was a sequel to my SAHM photo from 2011.


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP