Follow Angela Marvel | Fine Art at:


facebookfacebookfacebookfacebook


Wednesday, March 4, 2020

In the Corner

In the Corner
"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes." - A. A. Milne (Winnie-The-Pooh)

Theme: Childhood

I'm a little behind posting after a busy February, but here is my piece for week 7.

Overall I think this piece is about how I tend to hide in the corner and standing in the corner is a memory many think of when thinking of childhood.

One could say I spent my fair share of time in the corner as a child. I wasn't a bad kid though. I just had more energy than others. I wanted to be active and I think at times I didn't have an outlet for all the energy I had. But that's not the reason for this piece. The above quote can sum up my personality as both a child and an adult and really resonated with me. It became the inspiration for this image. Plus, anything Winnie the pooh is the essence of childhood :)

I am an introvert by nature. I don't just randomly go up to people and talk. I will not approach strangers. I pretty much hate gatherings if I don't know people who will be there. Thus, many times my introvert side comes out and its like being in a corner. That is if I am not already physically in the corner of the room.  I wait for people to come to me. Which as a child that happened many times, however, I didn't need to reach out because there was always a party to be invited to, a school event where everyone would be at, or just the nature of school it was easy to make friends. It was easy to stay in my corner, but still have a social life and not be the person who always reached out.

But now as an adult I find myself staying in my corner more and more and finding myself needing to be pushed to reach out to others. It's why the above quote really stuck with me and became the basis of this piece. It is something I focus on almost every week, to reach out, to go talk to someone, or be more outgoing....but it's comfortable in my corner.


Side Note: Anything Winnie the Pooh is the essence of childhood for me. My oldest son is Pooh obsessed. He collects all things Pooh (I think we are over 400 items). His entire room is Pooh themed and brings a smile to my face everyday :)



0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP